Sunday 22 February 2009

Leaving the aquarium

Well, I've enjoyed my time swimming around, checking out the nice subaquatic flora and fauna and whatnot, but I think I may finally have developed primitive lungs and flopped out of the pond of loss into the garden of profit. Before now, any profit I made, I swiftly donked away through tilt, drunkeness, idiocy, or just general bad play.

Anyway - here's now it happened. At the end of last term, I got a $50 free bankroll from some random site or other. Quite a good idea for the salmon amongst us, who've managed to urinate every other bankroll away. I didn't play until the start of this term, when I started off playing 2c 4c cash on Party, where I made slight profit up to $60 or something (due to my unending stupidity, my account displays my balance in £, so I may switch between the 2 in the course of this diatribe). Then, through what was in all likelihood, my playing badly, I managed to piss that away and leave myself with £20....Annoyed at my idiocy I moved up a limit to 5c 10c (yes, I hear you cry silently, I am stupid enough to play with 3 buy-ins). This was about 3 weeks ago.

With this move I decided to start playing properly, actually properly, properly. No more raising J4 (except in position of course!), no more crying calls, no more tilting. Through this (and more than a little luck) I managed to get back up to my starting roll of $50 (woo!), from which I continued to rise up to £70, so about $100 at the exchange rate of the time. This seemed too good to be true and I was constantly wondering when my luck was going to run out, as it had so many times before. I hovered around this spot for a while, then a couple of noobstations donated their stacks to me and I managed to break £100, which combined with a bonus installment put me to around £120 ($170). Almost rolled for the stakes I'm playing!

More playing really well (for me at least) got me up to £180, where I've been for the past week until tonight when I broke the £200 and $300 mark simultaneously. So I'm now on around $310, with the most profit I've ever had.

I've been putting off posting a new blog update for weeks now, worried that I'll somehow curse myself. A year of playing badly and mainly losing online means I'm not used to winning and I expect it to all come crashing down around me! I suppose there's still time for that!

Here are my 2 graphs - I have 2 because I play on 2 computers and I'm too inept to combine them into 1 almighty-graph-of-imba-glory, so here they are in their upwards pointing awesomeness. I think it's amusing to contrast them with Isaac et al. and see how tiny my profit is, but at least I'm on the up... LOL - just click the wankers to see them in full....I dunno what I've done to the stupid thing. I can't work these bloody bloggers....it's like facebook.


I'm going to try and keep this updated more often now and next time actually post some hands, so people don't have to read vacant verbose verbiage (lolcanoes).

Until then....much salmon to you all!

No comments: